Sunday, January 19, 2014

Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle (BFL): Trends, Tips, and Reviews

BFL, is my acronym for Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle. Insert a few letters, and it reminds me of the word "baffle" or rather "baffled"; a feeling that I'm sure many of us have experienced in the beauty aisles of stores or rolling pages of online shops.

I am here to offer opinions and advice on how to become less baffled by all the choices out there. I'm no expert, but over the years, I've accumulated a bit of knowledge about home-remedies that work and save you money that could otherwise be spent on new goodies. I also have studied Chemistry for more than a couple of years and understand a bit of the gibberish at the backs of our beloved products' containers.

With regards to covering the entire spectrum of beauty, fashion, and lifestyle, I thought the best way is to make bite-size posts titled either "Trends", Tips", or "Reviews". I think this classification is pretty self-explanatory. I love cooking, so I might throw in "Recipes". But you guys already know that the genre of my blog is "Varied and Miscellaneous" if you're being generous, and "Confused-Girl-On-Internet" if you're being realistic. Easy-to-read bite-size nibblets though is what I promise!  

Before I start full-fledged posts on BFL related things, I thought I'd let you know a thing or two about what to expect.
  1. I live in Mumbai (or Bombay), which is on the West coast of the tropical subcontinent of India. I've lived here for a long time (but definitely not my whole life). Any Bombay girl will tell you the weather is her biggest battle at keeping classy and presentable. The weather, pollution, and crowds, that is.
  2. Since I live in Mumbai, most Western "drugstore or low-end" products are quite pricey, but not entirely unaffordable. This just means I have to think twice before buying anything 'coz if the product doesn't suit me or I don't like it for whatever reason, it will leave a dent in my wallet and I won't be able to replace the product till my next paycheck (if I'm lucky)! High-end products are things of dreams. One day I will splurge and spoil myself with something high-end, but, alas, not today.
  3. I grew up in Nashville, USA. That makes me and Indian-American-Indian, or something like that.
  4. I will only write reviews on things I have ACTUALLY used or tried. I'll try to keep these reviews as universal as possible, but sometimes they may be more useful for people who are living/shopping in India. If you plan on visiting India, this would be a great time to follow my blog!
  5. Feel free to ask me questions, I'll answer them to the best of my abilities.
Fun Fact: I'm terrible at selfies. Proof:

theotherekta | Les Selfies

So who's excited for more heartfelt blog posts on beauty, fashion, life, health, and all that jazz? I know I am!

-Ekta 
 xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I have a question. Where's the camera credit yo?! :P

    Also, YOU FINALLY STARTED BLOGGING! So *bleeping* proud of you!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're SELFIES, I did the camera work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i meant the person who owns the camera. Get the hint!

    ReplyDelete